LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Two Las Vegas valley restaurants made Yelp's Top 100 Places to Eat in 2021.
Juan's Flaming Fajitas and Cantina in Henderson came in at 17.
Esther's Kitchen in downtown Las Vegas came in at 49.
Some interesting facts about the 2021 list:
- Nearly all the businesses on the list are priced under $30 per person (or $$ on Yelp).
- Nearly all the businesses on the list are new to Yelp’s Top 100 Places to Eat.
- Nearly half of the businesses on the list identify as Vegan or provide vegan menu options
- Business owner makeup:
- 11 businesses identify as Latinx-owned
- 1 business identifies as Black-owned
- 14 businesses identify as Women-owned
- Searches for women-owned businesses were up 2,739% in 2020, compared to 2019, and mentions of plant-based in reviews were up 26% for the same time period.
- Yelp users in New York City and San Francisco are more likely to interact with restaurants that mark themselves as women-owned, even during the pandemic. Restaurants that marked their business as women owned in January and February 2020, experienced increases of 34% and 22%, respectively in share of consumer actions—reviews, photos, page views—in March through December 2020 compared to the same period in 2019, relative to other businesses in the same categories that are not marked as women-owned.
The business review site says the list come from users who were asked in December about their favorite restaurants.