The City of Henderson invites residents to recycle their fresh Christmas trees for free by taking them to a recycling location from Dec. 26 through Jan. 15 during regular park or facility hours. Trees can be dropped off at the following locations:
• Acacia Park, 50 Casa del Fuego St.
• Anthem Hills Park, 2256 N. Reunion Dr.
• Arroyo Grande Sports Complex, 298 Arroyo Grande Blvd.
• Henderson Pavilion, 200 S. Green Valley Pkwy.
• Mission Hills Park, 551 E. Mission Dr.
• Morrell Park, 500 Harris St.
• Pecos Legacy Park, 150 Pecos Rd.
• Whitney Ranch Recreation Center, 1575 Galleria Dr.
The city recycled 4,213 trees last season.
Before recycling, residents are asked to remove all lights, ornaments, wires, tinsel, and nails as these items cannot be recycled and could damage chipping equipment. Only live trees can be recycled; no flocked or artificial trees can be accepted.
Live Christmas trees are biodegradable so they can easily be recycled or reused. City staff chips the trunks and branches and use the mulch in city parks to provide nutrients for plants, retain soil moisture, prevent the growth of weeds, and protect the roots of living trees.
Free mulch will be available on a first-come, first-served basis at Pecos Legacy Park and Acacia Demonstration Gardens (located at Acacia Park). Those wishing to pick up mulch must bring their own shovels and containers
For additional information, call 702-267-4000 or visit cityofhenderson.com.