LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Fueled By The Fallen is escorting an all vehicles "Tribute Ride" in honor of Nevada law enforcement on Thursday.
Watch the tribute live here once it begins, or watch it on demand later when it is over.
The nonprofit organization says it is also riding to recognize recently injured Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Officer Shay Mikalonis as he continues to fight for his life at the University Medical Center.
Officer Mikalonis was critically injured after he was shot while working the June 1st protest.
There is a "Shay Day" fundraiser underway to support his recovery. To learn more about that click here.
Schedule for the "Tribute Ride" is as follows:
- 12 p.m.: Staging at Shelby American - 6405 Ensworth St., Las Vegas, NV 89119
- 12:45 p.m.: "Rafterman" actor of Full Metal Jacket (Master of Ceremonies)
- 12:50 p.m.: National Anthem Sung by 17-year-old local Connor Simpson
- 12:55 p.m.: Prayer by Chaplain Tamia Dow - Retired LVMPD Detective and local ordained minister serving Veterans and Police.
- 1 p.m.: Tribute Ride begins down Las Vegas Blvd.
- 1:30 p.m.: Pass by "Shay Day" - West Urgent Care parking lot - 6125 W. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89146
- 1:50 p.m.: Continue to UMC Hospital - 1800 W Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89102
- 2:15 p.m.: Finish at American Legion Post 8 - 733 N Veterans Memorial Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Fueled By The Fallen reports the total line of duty deaths in Nevada is 123.
The first law enforcement officer killed was Sheriff John L. Blackburn of Carson County Sheriff's Office on November 28, 1861, the nonprofit says.
Nevada law enforcement honored their most recent fallen; Nevada Highway Patrol Sergeant Ben Jenkins on March 27, 2020.