LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Walmart is going to allow families to pay for online grocery orders using Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits in Las Vegas.
The new policy applies to any of the 17 Walmart stores with store pickup in valley.
Walmart says it is the first retailer to offer this method for online grocery pickup to customers at this scale.
The company began piloting the pickup program last year, and says it wants to have more than 3,100 pickup locations open by the end of this year.
The SNAP payment option will make it easier for more customers to pick up their groceries without even leaving their cars.
HOW IT WORKS
Order and Choose a Pickup Time:
- Visit walmart.com/grocery or use the Walmart Grocery mobile app, enter a zip code to select a local store and begin creating a shopping list.
- During checkout, select “EBT card” for the payment option and a time to pick up the order.
Pickup and Pay:
- Once the customer arrives at the pickup location, there will be reserved parking spaces marked in orange for Grocery Pickup customers, and a designated number to call to alert an associate of their arrival.
- Customers can also check in through the Walmart Grocery app.
- An associate will retrieve the prepared order and load it into the customer’s car.
- When the associate brings the order to the customer’s car, the customer will be asked to provide their EBT benefit card for payment.
To learn more about Walmart’s free Grocery Pickup option, visit www.walmart.com/grocery