THIRD UPDATE: Alonso Perez was taken into custody without incident around 8 p.m. Tuesday near Charleston Boulevard and Palm Street in Las Vegas.
Las Vegas police Lt. Harry Fagel said it was a collaborative effort between the major violator section of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and the FBI's Safe Streets Task Force.
"It was very important to them they get him in custody," Fagel said. "He is a dangerous guy. They wanted to make sure that was their number one priority. They have been working around the clock."
Fagel was glad the arrest was without incident. He was found in a residence after an undercover investigation.
"Glad to say nobody was hurt and it was a very peaceful confrontation and apprehension," he said.
Perez has been booked into Clark County Detention Center on prior charges not associated with the homicide last month. North Las Vegas police said Perez had not yet been interviewed regarding the murder when he escaped.
"[CCDC] will be notified over there that he is an escape risk," Fagel said.
Perez faces previous charges of domestic battery, discharging a gun at an occupied structure and assault with a deadly weapon.
The judge set his bail on Thursday morning to $1.62 million for all charges.
SECOND UPDATE: Former coworkers are speaking out on the suspected murder suspect who escaped police custody.
13 Action News spoke to a coworker, who wanted to remain anonymous for fear of his safety. He said Alonso Perez worked as a busser at a Mexican restaurant in Summerlin for several months.
He said he always had a bad feeling about Perez.
"He didn't really have a good grasp on things, you understand? Not like a sane person," the coworker said.
Another coworker said Perez left after having problems with another employee.
According to the Associated Press, North Las Vegas Police said they believe Perez may have left Southern Nevada. They also believe he may getting help from other people to evade police and sometimes goes by the name Alfonso.
If you have any information on Perez, contact police immediately.
UPDATE: A suspected murderer is caught on surveillance video firing shots into an office.
Alonso Perez is considered to be armed and dangerous after escaping North Las Vegas Police custody.
Lewis Scott, Perez's old landlord, says video should serve as a reminder of how prone to violence Perez can be.
In July, Scott wouldn't let Perez or his girlfriend into the Peterson Motel and Apartment office near Lake Mead and Nellis. They were fighting, so Scott kept the door locked.
Perez fired nine shots into the office, startling and nearly killing Scott.
"Except for the glass flying and everything in here, I didn't really believe what was happening at the time," Scott said.
Scott says Perez has no regard for human life.
"Anyone out there right now that he runs into, even if he's smiling, don't approach him," Scott said.
UPDATE: The victim's sister is making an emotional plea for North Las Vegas to recapture the escaped suspect.
"I want him found and I want him to pay for what he did," said Magdaliene Nestor-Robinson, Mohammed Robinson's sister. "It's ridiculous. You need to think about your actions. You could've walked away from the argument, you didn't need to start the argument, you didn't need to take it any further."
Police have located the truck taken by Perez. It was returned to the owner. Perez is still on the run. The victim has also been identified as 31-year-old Mohammed Robinson.
NORTH LAS VEGAS (KTNV) -- Little girls laugh and play in a North Las Vegas neighborhood, unaware a suspected killer is on the loose.
John Patrick now worries about the safety of his young daughter and nieces.
"We're definitely concerned of course," Patrick says. “Hopefully, the police will be able to obtain the person, the suspect and put him back in custody."
Around 10 a.m. Friday, 25-year-old Alonso Perez broke out of the custody of North Las Vegas police.
Perez is accused of shooting and killing a 31-year-old man near North Las Vegas Boulevard and Pecos Road last weekend.
A detective left Perez alone in an interview room. That is when Perez made his move.
"The detective stepped out for a moment and that's when he escaped," says Officer Aaron Patty. "He was able to twist and break the handcuffs in that moment."
And now Perez is on the run.
"He is considered armed and dangerous,” Patty says.
When asked if detectives made any mistakes, Patty responded, "Those are details we're going to delve into at a later date."
Amber Sturdivant is a mom with five kids. She's worried.
"Very scary,” Surdivant says. "I feel like I should protect myself more. I should be more cautious."
But at least she has backup.
"I'm scared. But I know if anything happens, I have my husband and my grown boys."
Police say Perez stole a white 2016 Ford F-250 pickup truck from a neighboring parking lot. It has Nevada license plate number 26C-819.
Perez is identified as a Hispanic male adult, 6'3" tall and 200 pounds, with black hair, brown eyes, and a goatee.
He was last seen wearing a white sports jersey with two blue stripes on the sleeves and the number 21 on the front and back. He was also wearing dark shorts and black shoes. Perez has a 3-inch "Air Jordan" logo tattoo.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Perez is urged to call the North Las Vegas Police Department at 702-633-9111.
If located, do not contact Perez as he is considered armed and dangerous.