LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department has received reports of an ongoing telephone scam.
The department says scammers are using LVMPD prefixed numbers and extensions to contact community members and attempting to sell services or solicit money.
The police department said it does not contact anyone for the following reasons:
• Call and demand immediate payment for warrants or traffic fines.
• Threaten arrest for failure to pay.
• Request credit or debit card numbers over the phone.
• Request personal information such as a Social Security Card number.
• Sell or solicit money for any type of service, including insurance services for funeral expenses.
Anyone with further information about fraud cases or has been a victim is urged to contact the LVMPD Theft Crimes Bureau Financial Crimes section at 702-828-3483.
More information about other telephone scams is also available here.