LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Former Mayor Pro Team and Las Vegas City Councilwoman Michele Fiore is speaking out after the events earlier this week.
On Tuesday, Fiore stepped down as mayor pro tem. Many people had called for her resignation after she reportedly made racist comments at the recent local Republican convention, where she was re-elected as the Republican national committeewoman.
During a press conference at her home June 11 and the Tuesday press conference with Mayor Carolyn Goodman, she insisted that she was not stepping down for that reason.
That was also the message during today’s Facebook Live.
The description on the Facebook Live reads “Here’s the real scoop. Like it or not. I am who I am and I won’t back down.”
During the Facebook Live, Fiore insists that she has no plans to resign from her elected position and she is “very, very” proud to be a councilwoman.
She also said she will run for re-election or run for mayor.
Fiore says she will now concentrate the next 5 months on making sure that President Trump is reelected because people "don’t like mayhem, they don’t like rioting and they don’t like the ugliness that’s happening in the world today."
The councilwoman also talked about walking out of the city council meeting on Wednesday. She explained that she refuses to be anyone’s punching bag and said the people who made the comments directed at her are "very questionable characters."
In addition, Fiore talked about being forced by Gov. Sisolak to cancel the annual Ward 6 Fourth of July festivities at Floyd Lamb Park and about visiting the pools in the city.
The Facebook Live concluded with a couple of remarks about the coronavirus and protesters.
Watch it below.