Local News


House fire under investigation

Posted at 11:58 PM, May 05, 2016
and last updated 2016-05-06 09:22:27-04
Firefighters responded to a house fire near Fort Apache Road and Desert Inn Road at 6:50 p.m. Thursday.
The occupant of the house told investigators he was working upstairs before the fire happened. The power was out in the house, so he was using a candle for light. He was also smoking. The man went downstairs when he noticed smoke coming from the second floor.
Firefighters arrived at the home and had the flames under control within a few minutes.
Investigators said that the fire originated in the area of the candle, though careless smoking could not be ruled out.
No injuries were reported. Damages are estimated at $50,000.