Local News


Family displaced by chimney fire

Family displaced by chimney fire
Posted at 6:32 AM, Dec 07, 2016
and last updated 2016-12-07 19:47:30-05
A family is without a place to stay Wednesday morning after a chimney fire severely damaged their home.
The family of three was living in a house near Charleston Boulevard and Fort Apache Road. No injuries were reported, but the fire ended up causing tens of thousands of dollars in damages.
Officials advise caution in using chimneys as the weather gets cold in Las Vegas. They also say to be careful when using space heaters, keeping them away from flammable objects and being mindful of where they are plugged in.