Local News


Elevator motor overheats, sends smoke throughout Treasure Island

Posted at 4:48 PM, Feb 18, 2017
and last updated 2017-02-18 20:41:28-05

Clark County firefighters responded to a call at Treasure Island hotel-casino at 3:12 p.m. Saturday.

Arriving crews found an overheating elevator motor which was smoking. There was light smoke on the 36th floor, and two employees were treated for smoke inhalation. They refused emergency transport.

No flames were spotted, and firefighters left around 3:25 p.m.