Local News


UPDATE: Employee at Sin City Ink fired fatal shot after suspect gunfire, according to arrest report

Posted at 11:24 PM, Jul 18, 2016
and last updated 2016-07-21 02:32:56-04

One person is dead and another injured after a shooting at a local tattoo shop Monday night.

The shooting occurred around 8:25 p.m. at Sin City Ink, located at 3430 E. Tropicana Avenue, near Pecos Road.

Police said around 8:15 p.m., two Hispanic men went into tattoo parlor where there was a confrontation.

According to suspect Eric Garcia's arrest report, an employee told police he was at his work station when he was told someone wanted to see him. The employee came out and saw two men he knew as EZ and Fern Dog, both of them armed with guns. They pushed the employee to the floor and hit and kicked him multiple times, while yelling "You know me" and "Say my name," according to the arrest report.

The employee told police Fern Dog was getting so worked up the employee thought Fern Dog was going to kill him. According to the arrest report, EZ pulled Fern Dog away and they left the shop. The employee then went to the back of the shop and retrieved a gun from the business safe.

The employee heard gunshots as he returned to the front of the store. According to the arrest report, Fern Dog pointed his gun at another man and then the employee. The employee heard another shot so he fired his gun four or five times and saw Fern Dog fall to the floor, police reported.

EZ fled the scene in a gold Cadillac Escalade. He was later identified as 28-year-old Garcia while Fernando Montano, known as Fern Dog, died at the scene.

Garcia was arrested at Pecos and Flamingo roads after being stopped by a patrol unit. Garcia was transported to the Clark County Detention Center and booked on multiple counts of attempted murder with a deadly weapon and prohibited person in possession of a firearm.

Garcia's girlfriend told police there had been a dispute between Montano's girlfriend and the employee's girlfriend.

The employee inside the tattoo parlor was taken to Sunrise Hospital with a graze wound to the head.