Local News


Booth catches fire at Las Vegas Convention Center

Posted at 11:32 AM, Feb 20, 2018
and last updated 2018-02-20 15:35:49-05

A booth at the Las Vegas Convention Center caught fire Tuesday morning.

Around 10:47 a.m., the Clark County Fire Department responded to a report of a fire at the convention center's South Hall, where both the Catersource show and Champs Trade Show are being held. 

Upon arrival, firefighters reported nothing visible from outside the convention center. 

Firefighters made entry into the South Hall on the second floor where the fire was reported. Firefighters found a booth that had experienced an electrical fire that was now extinguished. The fire did not extend to other parts of the convention center and was reported to be contained to the booth. 

Crews were ventilating the area which had accumulated dry chemical from the extinguisher and residual smoke from the fire while security was assisting evacuations. 

No injuries were reported. Damages have not been estimated.