Local News


11 displaced in 2 separate electrical fires

Posted at 11:27 PM, Jul 12, 2016
and last updated 2016-07-13 02:27:08-04

11 people were displaced after two separate electrical fires Tuesday night.

The first fire started around 6:23 p.m. in the 5800 block of Auborn Avenue, near Smoke Ranch Road and Jones Boulevard.

Firefighters determined the fire was caused by electrical wiring in the attic.

Four adults and three children were displaced in this fire while another four people were displaced in a fire later that evening near Buffalo and Westcliff drives.

That fire started around 8:44 p.m. in the 7000 block of Hurricane Way.

Firefighter said it started in a downstairs bathroom, traveling up the wall to the attic. The cause is believed to be a bathroom fan.

Damage for both fires was estimated at $80,000 each. Las Vegas Fire & Rescue said the repair time would be about six months for each home.

There were no reported injuries in either fire.