LAS VEGAS (AP) — Nevada’s death toll from the coronavirus has topped 100 as impacts of the outbreak across the state now include cancellation of the annual Burning Man festival.
State officials reported 2,700 coronavirus cases with 107 deaths as of Saturday.
Burning Man officials said the event in the northern Nevada desert previously scheduled for Aug. 30 to Sept. 7 was canceled for community health and safety.
The agency that runs Nevada's unemployment insurance program said its website would be offline much of Saturday for upgrades.
It was a tribute to health care workers, emergency responders and essential personnel working during the pandemic.