Here is the latest restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley.
1. A pop-up kitchen dinner called The Test Kitchen is now being offered at The Stove Las Vegas. The Test Kitchen features food by celebrated chef Antonio Nunez and celebrity chef Scott Commings and features shareable plates, a boutique wine bar and more. Fan favorites include fried cauliflower, skirt steak and grilled octopus. New menu monthly. Only available 5:30 to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
2. There’s still time to celebrate the one-year anniversary of Su Casa inside the Silverton hotel-casino. Su Casa is celebrating this milestone by offering happy hour sushi rolls for just $1 as a nod to the one year anniversary all month long from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Also, the Birthday Bash Bento Boxes that include grilled Teriyaki chicken, tempura shrimp, seaweed salad, Asian slaw, white rice, and a Tekkamaki roll will also be featured for only $15. Open for dinner at 5 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 4 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
3. Villa Italian Kitchen has introduced the Three-Course Pizza. The pizza, meant to be shared, features a Caesar salad in the middle and penne pasta tossed in sauce on the upper half of the pie. To finish the meal on a sweet note, the entire pizza crust is stuffed with chocolate and drizzled with chocolate sauce to make up for a mouthwatering dessert.
4. Slater’s 50/50 has kicked off a fundraising partnership with the Firefighters of Southern Nevada Burn Foundation. Now through November 30, guests who dine at Slater's 50/50 can indulge in a 3-course prix fixe meal with beer pairings for $45, with 15% donated back to the Burn Foundation. Meal highlights include crispy Brussels sprouts or bacon Mac & cheese balls; the Thanksgiving Burger; and lava cake or pumpkin pie. Beer pairings from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Alaskan Brewing Co. and Mother Earth Brewing Company.
5. Roy Choi has introduced a new Happy Hour at Best Friend Las Vegas. The “Double the Stuff, Half the Price” menu features dumpling sliders, Korean wings, a fried bologna sandwich and an L.A. Street Dog. Drink specials include 20-ounce well drinks for $10, two tallboys for $14, and 20-ounce boozy slushes for $10. Available 5 to 7 p.. Sundays through Thursdays.
6. VGK Fortress Fries are now available at Frites Las Vegas. The fries are made with citrus marinated steak, cheddar cheese, avocado, pico de gallo, sour cream and jalapenos. Frites Las Vegas is located inside the Excalibur hotel-casino.
7. Dog Haus has introduced its first vegan item and 2 new cocktails in partnership with No Kid Hungry. The Take Banh Mi features an Impossible™ burger patty, topped with pickled vegetables, fresh jalapeños, cilantro, spicy vegan mayo, chili oil and hoisin sauce; served on a vegan ciabatta roll. The new cocktails are the Patio Crusher made with vodka, watermelon, lime, mint and cucumber and The Gatekeeper made with hefeweizen, lime, raspberry and hibiscus. $1 from purchases of the new vegan item and the cocktails will be donated to No Kid Hungry.
8. La Strega has introduced the Vetro Infinito or the Infinite Glass. With the ability of mixing and matching rosé, bubbles, white peach bellinis or the house bloody mary, the glass is always full, no matter which beverage you choose for each refill. The Infinite Glass goes great with brunch favorites like Eggs in Purgatory made with eggs, calabrian pomodoro, prosciutto, and house ciabatta bread; Short Rib Scarpinocc made with crispy guanciale, asparagus and a broken yolk; Semolina Waffle made with seasonal fruit and mascarpone butter; and the new Crab Fritti made with Maine crab and caper aioli; and Golden Nights Oysters, garnished with negroni mignonette.
9. A sparkling festival is happening Nov. 29 through Dec. 15 at Jaleo and China Poblano inside the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas. Jaleo guests will be able to enjoy a sparkling flight of 3 wines for $25 and China Poblano will offer a $20 flight of sparkling wines. Creative bites are also available for purchase to go along with the flights at both restaurants.
10. Las Vegas Ballpark has announced the inaugural negation tasting event on Dec. 5. Guests are invited to sample of variety of spiked eggnog creations made by local businesses inside the Playstudios Club Level. A panel of local celebrity judges will determine top egg nog of the nights. The ticketed event is $50 per person and includes a sampling of up to 20 eggnogs, food, and holiday fun. Must be 21 years of age to attend. A portion of proceeds will benefit Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
11. The next Winemakers Table Dinner at Estiatorio Milos at the Cosmopolitan hotel-casino is Dec. 5. For only $79, guests will experience a legendary six-course feast of Greek Ceviche, Calamari, Grilled Grouper Filet, Astako-Makaronada (lobster pasta), Lamb and Baklava. Each course is perfectly paired with a glass of fine wine, hand-selected by the city’s best sommeliers. To make reservations, please call 702.698.7930 at least 48 hours in advance. Reservations will be offered on a first come, first serve basis.
12. The Front Yard at Ellis Island is holding a grand opening celebration on Dec. 6. The two-story venue offers a casual brewpub atmosphere with a premium bar and full-service restaurant showcasing Ellis family favorite recipes such as house-cured bacon and brisket, and dishes incorporating craft beers from its own Ellis Island Brewery. The Front Yard will also feature a variety of brews straight from Ellis Island Brewery to the tap, serving fresh beers that rotate seasonally. The new space features views of Las Vegas Strip, retractable ceiling shades, Instagram-worthy garden walls, an 18-foot big screen and numerous HD TVs and more. Open 7 days a week from 3 p.m. to midnight.
13. A new quick-service cafe is now open in downtown Las Vegas. Fusion Grille on the corner of Bonneville and Las Vegas Boulevard South offers tacos, kebabs, wraps, burgers, salads, bowls and rolls. They also have a number of vegan and vegetarian options. It is open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturdays. Beer and wine also available. The kitchen is headed by Chef Carlos Mora-Beltran from the Ritz Carlton in Orange County, California.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Tastes, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org