LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Here is a list of online learning resources available for children in Southern Nevada.
Virtual Homeschool PE
Las Vegas YMCA's Health & Wellness team is excited to bring their Virtual Homeschool PE series -- open for all to participate, not just current Y members! Join the Y every Thursday at 12:30 PM, LIVE on Zoom, for a 30-minute physical education lesson from trained Y staff. The class will combine exercise, games, activities and FUN to give children a great foundation for a strong body and mind. The best part is – all of these activities can be done from the comforts of your own living room.
At Home Discoveries
DISCOVERY Children's Museum created a carefully curated list of resources -- both original and outside content -- meant to help parents find ways to keep their kids learning. These free resources are added to and updated daily, and include a multitude of activities and videos including art projects, science experiments, tutorials, and more.
Green Our Planet Virtual Academy
Green Our Planet brought their free garden, nutrition and hydroponics lessons online to serve children in the Las Vegas community during this time of need. Students of all ages can learn from the Green Our Planet's experts with video lessons on STEM, nutrition, gardening, hydroponics and more. Learn how to grow fresh veggies at home with farmers; discover the science of growing plants in water with hydroponics experts and cook up a healthy storm with chefs. With new videos each week, there's always more to learn at the Green Our Planet Virtual Academy!
Stay At Home Resources
Las Vegas-Clark County Library District provides access to plenty of fun, educational, and FREE online resources to help pass the time, teach you something new, and keep your skills sharp for all ages--all with your free library card! Don't currently have a LVCCLD library card? No problem, you can register for a new digital library card at lvccld.org/getcarded.
LVCCLD Library Card Resources by Category:
- Birth to 5: Book recommendations, eBooks, Vroom tips to add learning into everyday, Socrates e-learning platform, Kanopy Kids films and videos, Early World of Learning for reading
- Kids: Book recommendations, eBooks, Socrates e-learning platform, Kanopy Kids films and videos, IXL learning app, Brainfuse online tutoring, Culturegrams e-learning platform, Muzzy language learning, Elementary and Middle School research resources
- Teens: Book recommendations, eBooks,
- Entertainment: Hoopla, Overdrive or Libby app for eBooks and audiobooks, Kanopy and Kanopy Kids films and TV, RBdigital audiobooks and magazines, Freegal Music, Pongalo! Spanish telanovelas and Hollywood movies
- DIY/Crafts: CreativeBug video classes, Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center
Homeschool Helpers Kids Podcasts
Stitcher has a curated list of podcast shows specifically for young listeners. It includes shows for curious children to learn about the world around them, arts and culture, stories, how to cook and more.
Boys & Girls Club Virtual Youth and Teen Programming
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Nevada are offering weekly virtual programming for their current club members with permission from a parent or guardian. Their programming is designed by age group: youth (ages 10 & under) and teens (ages 11-18). To find out more, check out their website here.