Here is a list of 13 things to do in Las Vegas this week for the week of Oct. 20 through 26:
1. A neighborhood fall festival is happening Oct. 20 at Jaycee Leavitt Park. Trunk-or-treating begins at 5:30 p.m. and there will be a costume parade (kids and dogs) at 6 p.m. There will also be vendors, entertainment and free hot dogs, drinks and popcorn while supplies last.
2. The 2017 Balloon Festival at Southern Hills Hospital is happening from Oct. 20 to 22. This is the 7th year for the event which features early-morning balloon launches, a health fair, activities for kids, evening balloon glows, amusement rides and much more.
3. The very colorful Las Vegas PRIDE Parade is happening Oct. 20 in Downtown Las Vegas. The pre-show begins at 6:30 p.m. at the grandstand at the corner of 4th Street and Bridger Avenue. The PRIDE Festival is happening Oct. 21 and 22 at Sunset Park.
4. The 16th annual Las Vegas Book Festival is taking place Oct. 21 at the Historic Fifth Street School. Keynote speakers include Daniel Handler, also known as Lemony Snicket, and Sharon Draper, five-time winner of the Coretta Scott King Literary Awards. There will be children's entertainment, programming for young adults, poetry, workshops, exhibits, panel discussions and more.
5. It's time again for The Great Garage & Antique Sale at the Silverton on Oct. 21. There will be more than 100 booths offering a variety of goodies. Plus, there will be food trucks and fun stuff for the kids.
6. Head to the Henderson Convention Center on Oct. 21 for a Sangria Festival. Enjoy unlimited tastes of sangria, score a souvenir tasting glass, and enjoy a flamenco dance expo and a live flamenco guitar performance by Ricardo Grigo. There will also be local artisan craft vendors and food trucks.
7. Join the Las Vegas Philharmonic for Symphony Under the Stars on Oct. 21 on the piazza at Tivoli Village. A small group of members will perform in a casual setting. Bring your family, your friends and a blanket or a chair. Free admission.
8. More than 60 breweries, local restaurants and food trucks and live entertainment will be featured at the 6th annual Downtown Beer Festival on Oct. 21 at Clark County Amphitheater. More than 4,000 guests are anticipated and there are only a few tickets left. A silent auction will benefit Las Vegas Victims' Fund.
9. Pints for Pits on Oct. 21 at Atomic Liquors will benefit the Animal Help Alliance. Buy a $10 Pints for Pits commemorative pint glass and get $2 drafts. You will also have the chance to win raffle prizes and bid on silent auction items. Well-behaved leashed dogs are welcome.
10. Socktoberfest 2017 is happening Oct. 21 at ReBar on Main Street. Come for the beer and stay for the sausage. Also enjoy ludicrous accordion entertainment by the Squeezebox hero, cocktails and wine, and special surprises. Wear a Socktoberfest or Oktoberfest outfit and get a FREE German Warsteiner beer. Must be 21, of course.
11. KOMP 92.3 presents Breaking Benjamin "Unplugged" on Oct. 24 in the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay. The group released its first album, "Dear Agony," six years ago. Their new album is titled "Dark Before Dawn" and the song "Failure" from he new album spent 8 weeks at No. 1.
12. Melody Sweets is bringing back "The Sweets' Spot" to The Smith Center for the Performing Arts on Oct. 24. An all-new roster of electrifying performers will deliver a night of trick or treats just in time for Halloween. There will be original music, classic covers, glamorous burlesque and vaudeville-style variety acts.
13. It's all about Disney at this week's Trivia Tuesday night at Pizza Rock inside Green Valley Ranch Resort. Geeks Who Drink are hosting "When You Wish Upon A Bar: A Disney Quiz" on Oct. 25 at 8 p.m. Admission is only $5. There will be prizes and food and drink specials.