Here is a list of 13 Things To Do This Week In Las Vegas for the week of Nov. 9 through 16:
1. Celebrate the discovery of King Tutankhamun's tomb on Nov. 10 at the Las Vegas Natural History Museum. You'll get a chance to make a pharaoh headdress, build a pyramid and create a cartouche. There will be a living history presentation titled "The Art of Mummification." Admission will be half priced.
2. The 20th annual Duel in the Desert runs through Saturday at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Twenty-one states – including Alaska – and two Canadian provinces are represented at this year’s Duel. Racing starts at 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and Young Guns and Legends races precede 25-lap Northern SportMod and 40-lap Modified main events on Saturday.
3. Whoopi Goldberg returns Nov. 10 to Treasure Island. Goldberg is an acclaimed actress, comedian and talk show host. She also voices the role of "The GameMaster" on Disney Channel's "Miles From Tomorrowland."
3. The 42nd annual Indian National Finals Rodeo continues through Nov. 11 at the South Point. More than 400 contestants from 75 tribal nations from across the country are competing this year. Events include bareback riding, bull riding, steer wrestling and more. Competitions are art 12:30 and 6:30 p.m. There is also a gift show.
4. "Peace Frog: Tribute to the Doors" on Nov. 11 at The Cannery features the top hits by Jim Morrison and The Doors. Peace Frog formed in 1998 in Venice, California, and has performed at various venues across the world.
5. Fergusons Downtown is hosting a pop-up cat cafe at Market in the Alley from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 11. Meow or Never is teaming up with Forget Me Not Animal Sanctuary, the Churchill Foundation, and Fergusons Downtown to create the purrfect atmosphere for a cat cafe.
6. The 5th annual Las Vegas Hemp Festival is happening Nov. 11 at Craig Ranch Regional Park. There will live music, fire dancers, break dancers, wrestling, art, speakers, fireworks and live filming of the new upcoming reality television show titled "So You Think You Can Grow." Family-friendly event.
7. Aviation Nation is happening this weekend at Nellis Air Force Base. There will be static displays from the past and the present, exciting aerial acts including performances by The Thunderbirds, food and beverage vendors and more.
8. Award-wining musician, composer and producer Roberto Occhipinta is performing with The Las Vegas Young Artists Orchestra at 3 p.m. Nov. 12 at Windmill Library. Featured local artists include Uli Geissendoerfer (piano), and Jeremy Klewicki (drums).
10. Kick off Third Thursday at Springs Preserve at Divine Cafe's Happy Hour. There will be live music and specially-priced food and cocktails. Stay for after-hours fun and discounted admission to the Origen Museum, gift shop deals and more.
11. Former Million Dollar Quartet member and "Legends in Concert" performer Justin Shandor presents "An Intimate Night with Elvis" every Thursday night at the Royal Resort.
12. The world's largest collector-car auction company will produce its first-ever auction in Las Vegas from Nov. 16 to 18. The Mecum auction is taking place at the Las Vegas Convention Center and will feature an estimated 1,000 American muscle cars, classics, Corvettes, hot rods and more. General admission tickets are $20 in advance, $30 at the door.
13. The Bourbon Book Club will meet Nov. 16 at Writers Block. Sip bourbon and discuss this month's book, which is "The Girls" by Emma Cline. Bourbon provided by Whiskey Attack. No registration required.
If you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send an email to email@example.com.