Las Vegas shooting: MGM doubles down on timeline, new search warrants obtained

The stage is set for what could be the turning point for the Las Vegas Shooting investigation.

Las Vegas Police have promised a new, more accurate timeline of events, by Friday. The current timeline has been called into question publicly, even called inaccurate.

MGM Resorts International released the following in a statement Thursday:

“Although we prefer not to comment on the details of the investigation, we are issuing this statement to correct some of the misinformation that has been reported. The 9:59 p.m. PDT time was derived from a Mandalay Bay report manually created after the fact without the benefit of information we now have. We are now confident that the time stated in this report is not accurate. We know that shots were being fired at the festival lot at the same time as, or within 40 seconds after, the time Jesus Campos first reported that shots were fired over the radio. Metro officers were together with armed Mandalay Bay security officers in the building when Campos first reported that shots were fired over the radio. These Metro officers and armed Mandalay Bay security officers immediately responded to the 32nd floor. We will continue to work with law enforcement as we have from the first moments of this tragedy as they work toward developing an accurate timeline.”

 As for getting the motive to the shooting, newly released search warrants give a clearer picture of what investigators were hoping to find in Stephen Paddock’s Mesquite, Nevada home.

Listed items in the search warrant include: digital or physical items indicating planning, ideology and/or preoperational surveillance, in addition to cameras and video equipment.

So far, investigators have said the items are not helping clear up the motive mystery.

"He used his experience as a traveler, a gamer, high roller, he used all of it to manipulate, what appeared to be normal behavior to conceal his plan to do an attack,” said LVMPD Assistant Sheriff Tom Roberts, in a one-on-one interview Tuesday with Contact 13.

In the meantime, the relative of at least one deceased victim has filed documents in court. The documents ask for a special administrator to be appointed, specifically requesting the administrator to take control over the suspect’s property, bank accounts and anything else of value to prepare for lawsuits and legal claims.

Print this article Back to Top