UPDATE: Police seek two who dropped off 25-year-old woman at hospital before her death

UPDATE APRIL 24: Las Vegas police released surveillance video of two people they're seeking after they dropped Ashley Wellito off at the hospital.

Homicide detectives were requested due to the nature of the injuries the woman had sustained, and the people who had dropped her off at MountainView Hospital did not remain to tell medical personnel how the woman was injured.

Homicide detectives determined the deceased woman, later identified as Wellito, had been dropped off at the MountainView Hospital Emergency Room entrance at approximately 6:05 a.m. by an unknown male and female. Once Wellito was dropped off, the male and female left before they could be identified, and before advising medical personnel how Wellito’s injuries occurred.

Police have named no suspect in this case. 

"To me it looks like her boyfriend," said mom Kymberly Wellito. 

Wellito said there was a history of domestic violence between the couple. 

"I've heard him slap her," said Wellito, "...and I've heard her yelling stop it, get away from me."

Wellito said her daughter was extremely kind and incredibly private.

"Ashley was fun, she made everybody laugh," she said, " ... I'm broken."

The man could only be described as a black man, who had a medium height and build, and was last seen wearing white pants and a white hoodie with the hood up around his head. The woman was described as a Hispanic woman who was last seen wearing dark pants and a dark, zippered sweatshirt.

The people were driving what could only be described as a black vehicle.

Surveillance video has also been released. Watch below.


Police are trying to figure out what happened to a 25-year-old woman who was dropped off at a local hospital with extensive injuries.

25-year-old Ashley Elaine Wellito was dropped off at Mountain View Hospital. Due to the nature of those injuries, she was transported to UMC Trauma. She died at the hospital on April 19.

Homicide detectives are now investigating the death due to the mysterious circumstances.

According to a GoFundMe account established for the deceased, she "brought love, happiness, and joy into this world."  The family is reportedly collecting money to be used to bring her home to New Mexico. The family is also asking anyone with authority to contact the police.

Print this article Back to Top