Warriors Walkathon will be an all-day event from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
This is a virtual event and live broadcast that will allow us to reach the entire nation, and other countries where our Warriors are stationed. The goal is to raise awareness on the challenges Warriors face and to improve the quality of life through mental health practices/techniques. The day will be filled with entertainment and fun challenges for everyone involved. Frames in Motion, a professional production company, will facilitate the live broadcast at their studio in Las Vegas.
The broadcast will be simulcast on several platforms like YouTube and Facebook Live to reach more people.
Warriors for Life America aims to raise $1,000,000 to help military personnel, veterans, first responders and their families. They are going to pick at least 4 families that will be directly impacted by the walkathon.
· The funds will be allocated to create new jobs in the veteran community.
· More trauma-informed and resiliency-based classes will be added to the schedule. This will help the Warriors and in turn put specially-trained teachers and instructors back to work.
· Scholarships will be given to Warriors for the Trauma Recovery training program that has been vetted by the Veteran Affairs and co-created by Dr. Nicole Anders, Resident Psychologist at the VA.
· The day will include participants who receive pledges to walk or run a certain distance.
· A soundtrack will be created to play during the broadcast. Live bands will also play short sets throughout the day.
· They will highlight the families that have been selected, what their challenges are currently, and how they plan on helping their family.
· Participants will also be highlighted through the broadcast.
· Testimonials will be shared, showing the positive impact that Warriors for Life America has had in their lives.
· Prizes will be awarded to those who win challenges and reach individual fundraising goals.
· Yoga, stretching and self-regulation techniques will be shared throughout the day.
· Corporate sponsors who reach a certain goal will be promoted and highlighted during the live broadcast.
· Special guests and celebrities will take part in the broadcast.
Some of the possible celebrities/bands include:
· Jay Glazer
· Tony Gonzales
· Michael Strahan
· Randy Couture
· Carrie Underwood
· Lt. Dan Band (Gary Sinise)
· Found in Fiction