To mark the 12th annual International Transgender Day of Visibility (TDoV), the LGBTQ Center of Southern Nevada is teaming with several support groups on a series of in-person and online events to shine a light on transgender rights.
The TDoV celebrates the resilience and success of transgender and gender-nonconforming people and raises awareness of transgender rights.
TDoV is on March 31 and was founded in 2009 by activist Rachel Crandall who was inspired to create a holiday dedicated to honoring the achievements and contributions of transgender people.
The Center is located at 401 S. Maryland Parkway. COVID-19 protocols are in place; please wear a mask and social distance.
March 27 (in person at Desert Breeze Park)
Starting at noon - UTOPIA's Meet & Greet Mixer @ Desert Breeze Park - 8275 Spring Mountain Road, Las Vegas, NV 89147
March 28 (in person at the Center)
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - FLUX Las Vegas Trans Day of Visibility Brunch: Celebrating our Self-made Men
March 29 (online)
Click here for links to online content.
March 30 (online)
- Online Career Fair from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Attend our Economics Clinic every Friday from 2-5 p.m. at The Center to spiff up your resume, practice interview questions, and more)
- Make an appointment for our Switch+ program to grab some interview apparel
March 31 (in person at The Center)
- 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. - Trans HIV Risk Reduction & PrEP
- 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Gender Diversity Panel Discussion
- 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. - State of the Trans State: Nevada
- 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. - Celebration Closing