New Nevada State College students can be rewarded for their past academic achievement with a Scorpion Academic Scholarship. To be eligible for the Scorpion Scholarship, students must apply for admission by Jan. 15.
At the time of admission, new students who have met the scholarship deadline will be evaluated for eligibility to be named a Scorpion Academic Scholarship recipient.
Eligible students must:
- Graduate from high school with a minimum 3.25 unweighted GPA or graduate from a community college within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) with a 3.25 GPA
- Enroll in at least 12 credits per semester
- Be a degree-seeking student at Nevada State the semester immediately following graduation.
Scholarships will be based on the students’ unweighted grade point averages. Students will be placed in one of three award levels based on their entering GPA:
- 3.75 GPA and above is eligible for a minimum award of $2,000 a semester
- 3.5 to 3.74 GPA is eligible for a minimum award of $1,250
- 3.25 to 3.49 GPA is eligible for a minimum award of $500
Nevada State offers other scholarships for new and returning students. For more information, please visit nsc.edu.