We don't need a study to tell us this, but Las Vegas has been named the No. 1 fun city in America.
The number crunchers over at WalletHub compared the 150 largest cities in the United States and ranked each of them based on 50 key metrics.
They took a look at things like number of fitness clubs per capita, how much does it cost to see a movie, number of coffee and tea shops, number of hiking trails or fishing spots, number of attractions, number of arcades or amusement parks, number of music venues and beer gardens, public drinking allowed, price for a 3-star hotel room, and cost of living.
|Top 20 Most Fun Cities in America|
|1. Las Vegas, NV||11. Tampa, FL|
|2. Orlando, FL||12. Portland, OR|
|3. Miami, FL||13. Tempe, AZ|
|4. New Orleans, LA||14. Pittsburgh, PA|
|5. Salt Lake City, UT||15. San Francisco, CA|
|6. Cincinnati, OH||16. Honolulu, HI|
|7. Fort Lauderdale, FL||17. Knoxville, TN|
|8. St. Louis, MO||18. Reno, NV|
|9. Atlanta, GA||19. Denver, CO|
|10. Scottsdale, AZ||20. Minneapolis, MN|
Here are some other interesting things the study revealed:
- Las Vegas has the most clubs per 100,000 residents, 23.60, which is 70 times more than in Anchorage, Alaska, the city with the fewest, 0.34.
- Scottsdale, Ariz., has the most public golf courses per 100,000 residents, 12.97, which is 90 times more than in New York, the city with the fewest, 0.14.
- Orlando, Fla., has the most restaurants per 1,000 residents, 12.56, which is 11 times more than in Santa Clarita, Calif., the city with the fewest, 1.18.
- San Francisco has the highest percentage of the population with walkable park access, 98.0 percent, which is 3.5 times higher than in Charlotte, N.C., the city with the lowest, 27.8 percent
- Madison, Wis., has the most park playgrounds per 100,000 residents, 72.96, which is 155 times more than in San Bernardino, Calif., the city with the lowest, 0.47.
- San Francisco has the most performing-arts theaters per 100,000 residents, 101.68, which is 26 times more than in Brownsville, Texas, the city with the fewest, 3.89.
- Scottsdale, Ariz., has the most fitness centers per 100,000 residents, 228.17, which is 20 times more than in Newark, N.J., the city with the fewest, 11.48.
- Honolulu has the most festivals per 100,000 residents, 41.72, which is 131 times more than in Corpus Christi, Texas, the city with the lowest, 0.32.
- Orlando, Fla., has the most bars per 100,000 residents, 215.81, which is 31 times more than in Fontana, Calif., the city with the fewest, 6.95.
- Albuquerque, N.M., has the lowest average beer price per six-pack, $6.65, which is 2 times lower than in Chicago and Aurora, Ill., the cities with the highest, $14.04.
- Corpus Christi, Texas, the lowest movie costs, $8.47, which is 2 times lower than in Vancouver, Wash., the city with the highest, $15.09.
To view the full report, click here.