Local News

Actions

Vegas firefighters donate thousands to 'Movember

KTNV-Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 5:57 PM, Dec 27, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-27 20:57:09-05

The Las Vegas Firefighters donated $3,905 to the Movember Foundation, which raises awareness for men’s health issues and supports projects that fight prostate and testicular cancer.

The donation came from proceeds collected from the firefighters’ Movember T-shirt fundraiser held through the month of November.

Up to 83.8 percent of the Movember Foundation’s net income is allocated to men’s health programs. The remaining net income (a minimum of 16.2 percent) goes to fundraising costs, retained funds, and administrative costs. This covers future campaigns, a number of fundraising and administrative tasks necessary to run the organization, and large community-awareness programs like Movember.