LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — It's the season for giving, and the Nevada community is stepping up to help their neighbors in need.
For those wondering where to donate or how to help, 13 Action News has compiled a list of organizations seeking donations this holiday season.
8th annual Fill the Bus toy drive
- Dec. 4, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Target on 6480 Sky Pointe Drive
- Dec. 11, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Target on 8750 W. Charleston Blvd. (Boca Park)
Clark County School District police, Las Vegas police, and U.S. Air Force security forces will be at Target collecting toys for children at local Title I schools.
Clark County fire stations 2021 holiday toy drive
- Dec. 3 through Dec. 19 (Dec. 13 for rural, volunteer fire stations)
- Donations can be dropped off during business hours, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. A list of county fire stations can be found here.
In partnership with the Burn Foundation, firefighters are collecting new, unwrapped toys and gift cards at fire stations throughout the county. The toys will be distributed to more than 40 local organizations including the Boys and Girls Club, Salvation Army, and schools and churches. In 2020, more than 28,000 toys were collected.
Additionally, firefighters will participate in "Fill-the-Truck" toy drives at several local Walmart stores. They will collect donations at the following locations from 9 a.m to 4 p.m. on Dec. 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, and 19:
- 6464 N. Decatur Blvd. (Decatur and I-215)
- 540 Marks St./Sunset Road. in Henderson
- 7200 Arroyo Cross Parkway/Rainbow & I-215 (Clark County Fire Department location)
- 201 N. Nellis Blvd./Charleston Blvd.
- 8060 W. Tropical Parkway (Centennial & U.S. 95)
The very last day to drop off donations for this drive is Dec. 20 at the Burn Foundation office (3111 S. Valley View Blvd., suite B-111), from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
PT’s Taverns 23rd annual toy drive
- Now through Dec. 3
Bikes, toys, and monetary donations can be dropped off at all PT's Tavern locations through the duration of the toy drive. The items collected will support 98.5 KLUC's "Chet Buchanan Show Toy Drive," which benefits HELP of Southern Nevada's holiday toy assistance program.
HomeAid Southern Nevada/CARE Complex Winter Pop-Up Shop
- Now through Dec. 3
Clothing and other personal items can be donated to HomeAid Southern Nevada, which will create a pop-up shop providing unhoused people with the chance to "shop" for the donated goods. Those who wish to help can also purchase blankets, coats, and socks through HomeAid's Amazon wishlist here. The pop-up shop will be opened on Dec. 11.
Those benefited by the pop-up shop can also receive backpacks packed with scarves, hats, gloves, shampoo, body wash, lotion and other personal care items, according to a press release from HomeAid.
The donation drive is in partnership with CARE Complex. A list of clothing and other items accepted by that organization can be found here.
Las Vegas Rescue Mission
- Blanket collection drive: Dec. 11 from 9 a.m. to noon at 480 W. Bonanza Road
- The rescue mission will collect new or gently used blankets, beanies, coats, hygiene and personal care items, and toys at a drive-thru donation event.
If you know of a charitable organization that could be featured on this list, email email@example.com with information.