HENDERSON (KTNV) — There's a brand-new center catering to the LGBTQ community in Henderson.
It's the first one in the City of Henderson.
The Henderson Equality Center is a community-supported organization.
It provides resources for individuals, their families, and allies.
It also has a food pantry for low-income high school students.
The center also has youth groups, tutoring programs, and other social support groups.
Key activities at the center include:
- The first Pantry for Low Income High School students in Henderson
- Youth Group for those 21 and under
- LGBTQ Youth Tutoring Program, Comprehensive Sex Education
- Trans Youth Support Group
- Trans Men Support Group
- Trans Women Support Group
- O.W.L. (Older Wiser Learning)
- Senior Group
- LGBTQ Alcoholism
- Detox Local – LGBT+ Addiction Treatment
- Bisexual+ Support Group
- And more
The office is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. To contact the center, call 855-955-LGBT (5428).
Henderson Equality Center is located on 6250 S Mount Vista St. Suite L-5 in Henderson.