The National Finals Rodeo is back in Las Vegas from Dec. 3-12 and that means more than the action inside the arena at the Thomas & Mack Center.
There will be parties and events and special deals and discounts all over the valley for the cowboys and cowgirls and rodeo fans. Here is a list of what we know about so far:
The 29th Annual Downtown Hoedown will take place Dec. 2 at Fremont Street Experience. Performers include Montgomery Gentry, Chris Janson, JT Hodges, Chase Bryant, Jackson Michelson and Tracy Lawrence. The free concerts begin at 4:30 p.m. with Lawrence.
Multiple headline performers will also be appearing in showrooms on and off the Las Vegas Strip during NFR. Some of those performers include Rodney Atkins at the Mirage, Tanya Tucker at Golden Nugget, Sam Hunt at Cosmopolitan, Little Big Town at Hard Rock, Aaron Watson at South Point, Bill Engvall at Treasure Island, Andrea Bocelli at MGM Grand, LoCash at Treasure Island, The Cadillac Three at Mirage, and many more. Click here for a complete list.
There will also several 'after dark' parties during NFR. The South Point will host a rodeo tailgate party from 6 to 10 p.m. every day in their Grand Ballroom. Gary Leffew's Legendary Buck 'n Ball will take place at The Orleans. Sam's Town will host mechanical bull riding competitions each day. Click here for a complete list.
Other parties include a rodeo-themed party at Sapphire, the world's largest gentlemen's club, on Dec. 10. There will be a chuck wagon-style buffet, cocktail specials, whisky wranglers, and hundreds of girls. The Luke Kaufman band will host the party and provide the cowboy music. There will also be a topless mechanical bull riding contest, raffles and prizes, and a sponsored open bar. The club will also be celebrating their 13th anniversary.
In addition, there are quite a few special events.
The 8th annual Wrangler Gold Buckle Gala benefiting the ProRodeo Hall of Fame will actually kick off this year's NFR on Nov. 30 at the South Point. Miss Rodeo America -- Horsemanship Competition will also take place on Nov. 30 at South Point. The Hall of Fame Gala presented by Montana Silversmiths will follow on Dec. 1 at the MGM Grand Convention Center. The official kickoff party will take place Dec. 2 at the South Point and Wrangler NFR Pink Night is happening Dec. 7 at the Westgate. More info.
The 8th annual Bob Tallman Wrangler National Finals Rodeo Charity Bowling Tournament will take place Dec. 5 at Gold Coast hotel-casino. Rodeo champions and Hall of Famers, entertainment industry stars, local celebrities and rodeo industry leaders will be among the nearly 300 people who take part in the bowling tournament. The entry fee is $160 per team and $50 for individuals. Event sponsor packages also available.
The first ever CINCH Boyd Gaming Chute-Out will take place Dec. 10-12 at the Orleans Arena. Some of rodeo's biggest names such as Cody Ohl, JW Harris and Fred Whitfield will compete in bareback riding, steer wrestling, saddle bronc, tie-down roping, team roping, barrel racing and bull riding.
For those who like to shop, Cowboy Christmas at the Las Vegas Convention Center will feature more than 400 vendors from across the United States and Canada. There's even a free shuttle from Cowboy Christmas to the Thomas & Mack Center for each night's rodeo performance.
That's not the only place to find cowboy stuff though. The Hard Rock will host the 2015 Tuff Fest Shopping Experience from Dec. 3-12. There Hard Rock will also provide a live feed of all the NFR action each night.
And, of course, don't forget about the multiple autograph sessions. They will be taking place at a variety of locations: Las Vegas Convention Center, Excalibur, Gilley's at Treasure Island, Double Barrel Roadhouse at the Monte Carlo, and the Golden Nugget in downtown Las Vegas. Check with individual location for more information.
The Downtown Las Vegas Events Center will also be hosting meet-and-greets with cowboys and girls and will also also viewing parties each night.
Many local bars, restaurants and etc. will also be offering food and drink specials. Some of those include:
- Drink specials from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily at Gilley's including 2-for-1 Crown Royal, Crown Apple and Bulleit with $20 buckets of Bud Light and $4 14-ounce draft beers.
- Bourbon-glazed baby back ribs ($15), double-cut Berkshire Pork Chops ($42) and Cowboy Surf & Turf ($74) at Hard Rock's 35 Steaks + Martinis
- 3 menus each day for just $16.99 per person at Mr. Lucky's Cafe inside Hard Rock
- Pork belly tacos ($4 each), short rib enchiladas ($18), Mar y Tierra ($24) at Pink Taco, Hard Rock
- Ranchers Two-Step Manicure and Pedicure ($100), Cowboy Cool Down Massage ($125) and Open Range Facials ($175) at South Point's Costa del Sur Spa
- Don Vito's at South Point will be transformed into the Silverado Steakhouse during NFR and will offer made-to-order steaks, including Filet Mignon (8 oz. $35, 12 oz. $42); Bone-In Rib-Eye (16 oz. $45); New York Strip (14 oz. $48); and Roast Prime Rib of Beef (12 oz. $29, 18 oz. $34). Diners can also add crab meat, crab legs and lobster tails to their meals for additional cost. There will also be plenty of other options including chicken, pasta and seafood.
- Buckets of Dos Equis beers ($21) and a variety of shot specials starting at $5 each at Cabo Wabo Cantina at Planet Hollywood
- Emeril Lagasse's Delmonico Steakhouse at The Venetian will offer the nose-to-tail hog dinner special on Dec. 4 and 5. The menu will feature 7 special creations such as spiced braised pork belly, paneed pork chops, and spiced bacon waffles and 7 handcrafted cocktails. Prices range from $12 to $39 for food items and cocktails are $16 each.
- 14 oz. Cowboy Steak for $30 and DB Boiler Maker Kit, which includes 4 shots of maker's mark bourbon and a pint of Bud Light for $40, at Double Barrel Roadhouse
If you would like to submit an event or special to be added to this article, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.