Friday the 13th is almost like Christmas for people who love tattoos. Many tattoo shops around Las Vegas will be offering special $13 tattoos (plus lucky $7 tip). If you have been itching for new ink, here is a list of 13 shops around town (in no particular order) to choose from.
1. VOODOO TATTOO 3 : Voodoo Tattoo 3 has many designs to choose from on Friday the 13th. The shop will also be collecting blankets, hoodies, sweaters, jackets and etc. for those in need on Friday. Donated items will be distributed on Thanksgiving weekend along with a meal. All donations are welcome.
2. CROWN ELECTRIC TATTOO : Crown Electric Tattoo on East Charleston Boulevard offers hundreds of designs to choose from, not just one or two sheets. They will start tattooing at 10 a.m. and not stop until 6 a.m. Nov. 14. In addition, all piercings (except genitals) will be half price on Friday the 13th.
3. KOOLSVILLE TATTOOS : Koolsville Tattoos in downtown Las Vegas will be giving away free $100 tattoos on Friday the 13th. They will give away one tattoo every hour from 6 p.m. to midnight. They will also be offering $13 tattoos (plus tip) and say they have all new sheets of tattoos.
4. SKIN FACTORY TATTOO : Both locations of Skin Factory Tattoo (Sunset Road and Horizon Ridge Parkway) will be offering Friday the 13th tattoos for a grand total of $20. Tattoos will be done on a first come, first serve basis. Cash only. No minors or drunks. No changes to the design, including changing the color. Limit of 2 per customer. Must have ID. No body piercings (although piercer will give discounts to customers who return the next day).
5. LAST CHANCE TATTOO : Last Chance Tattoo will once again be offering $13 tattoos (plus $7 tip) on Friday the 13th. In addition, they will also offer basic piercings for $20. They will be open from noon to midnight and they've added many more designs to choose from.
6. REVOLUTION TATTOO PARLOR : Revolution Tattoo Parlor will offer more than 100 designs for just $13 (plus tip) on Friday the 13th. Their six tattoo artists will begin working at 10 a.m. and keep going until at least midnight. They will also have other designs for slightly more money, but definitely cheaper than the normal $300 to $600. Those designs will start at $60 and go up to $100.
7. IRONHORSE TATTOOS : Friday the 13th is a little different at Ironhorse Tattoos, which has been tatting Las Vegas locals and tourists for 15 years. In addition to having flash art to choose from, the tattoo shop will offer 13 percent off of any of its services that day. They will be open from noon to midnight and will have 8 artists and 3 body piercers on hand.
8. NAKED CITY INK : Naked City Ink on South Commerce Street will be offering custom-designed Friday the 13th tattoos. They will be offering old-school, vintage tattoos to choose from. Tattoos will cost $13 plus tip. They will open at 1 p.m.
9. PRECIOUS SLUT TATTOO : Precious Slut Tattoo 4 will be offering $13 tattoos on Friday the 13th and will also be offering two piercings for $70, which is a $10 discount. All of their artists will be working that day and they will begin tattooing at midnight on Nov. 13.
10. REVOLT TATTOOS: Revolt Tattoos won't be offering $13 tattoos, but they will have one heck of a deal. They will be doing tattoos that would normally cost $300 for $130.
11. ATOMIC CITY TATTOOS : Atomic City Tattoos is offering Friday the 13th tattoos and piercings for $13 plus $7 tip. Hours are noon to 10 p.m. Must choose from designs provided. No substitutions. First come, first served.
12. BLACK SPADE TATTOO : Black Spade Tattoo will be offering not only traditional Friday the 13th tattoos, but they will also offer small cute things like small flowers, Hello Kittys, grenades, chess pieces and more. There will be three artists working and the doors will open at noon. They will stop signing up customers between 9 and 10 p.m. depending on number of people in line. Get there early. $13 plus $7 tip.
13. TRIP INK TATTOO : Trip Ink Tattoo on Dean Martin Drive will be offering Friday the 13th tattoos drawn by one of its artists. Cost is $13, of course, plus the $7 tip. Although not located on the Strip, it's close enough for most tourists to get to without an expensive cab ride. Locals welcome too.
As mentioned earlier, there are definitely more than 13 tattoo shops in the valley offering Friday the 13th tattoos. Another one you might want to check out is the 702 Tattoo Shop . They will be open from 11 a.m. to midnight. And, Ship & Anchor Tattoo will start tattooing at 12:01 a.m. Nov. 13 and keep going until 11:59 p.m. Each artist will have their own designs. In addition, Red Handed Tattoo will open at 11 a.m. and offer a many designs for $13 plus tip.
Keep in mind, if you decide to get a Friday the 13th tattoo, there are a few basic rules. No one under 18 is allowed and everyone must have valid ID. Most shops only accept cash. Most shops will not tattoo hands, neck, faces or tummies. Most shops require you to choose a design from the selection they provide and there is absolutely no modification. Tattoos are usually done on a first come, first served basis.
Shops are not listed in any particular order and list does not imply an endorsement of the skills of any of the artists at the shops.