Operated by StartUpNV, a nonprofit statewide incubator and accelerator for Nevada-based startup companies, 45 AngelNV investors will invest at least $200,000 in one of six companies selected by the group as finalists, including three female-owned companies, two from Reno and four in Southern Nevada.
The investment will be announced at a special Shark Tank-style event on May 8 at 1 p.m. at Las Vegas City Hall with Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman giving pre-recorded opening remarks.
Currently, the AngelNV investor group has pledged to invest at least $220,000. By the May 8 event, even more investment funding may be available and awarded to a runner up from the six finalists.
The finalist startups and their service or product offerings are:
- RIOT Wireless – wireless IOT devices for difficult applications and hazmat environments
- Deck of Dice Gaming - patented free-to-play mobile game with licensing derivatives for the casual and casino gaming markets
- SafeArbor – IoT hardware and software to protect and track cannabis through the supply chain
- Freedom Brands – all-natural deodorant and premium body products with clean ingredients
- Nevaka – software solution for electrical contractors to create/send materials orders in real time
- Outlaw Soaps – Wild West inspired products for adventurous customers
Tickets to attend the May 8 event in person can be purchased for $75 here.
Space is limited to ensure social distancing, and masks will be required. The event will begin with a networking mixer at 1 p.m. with appetizers and cocktails outside. Attendees then move into City Council Chambers to listen to the finalists pitch the investors – just like on ABC’s Shark Tank – at 1:45 p.m.
Attendees will enjoy additional mingling and refreshments on the patio while the investors meet to decide who will win the $200,000 investment.
The final decision will be announced by 4 p.m.
The event will also be presented on Channel 2 KCLV and live streamed via Zoom and YouTube (free registration is available to view virtually here.)