With the concern over the new coronavirus and social distancing and many St. Patrick's Day parties being canceled, here are some ideas on how to celebrate at home with your family or small group of friends.
1. Make a St. Patrick’s Day Feast at home. Click here for a traditional dinner recipe.
2. Make your own green beer. All you have to do is choose a light-colored beer and add green food coloring.
3. Learn an Irish dance. Find an easy Irish dance on YouTube and gather the family and turn it into a contest (who can do it the best).
4. Play St. Patrick’s Day trivia with your family and/or friends. Click here for printable sheet.
5. Encourage your neighbors to put shamrocks on their windows and then tell your kids to look for them while you walk around the neighborhood. Or, you can print shamrocks and hide them around the house and give a prize to the person who finds the most. Click here for free images.
6. Make cupcakes with green frosting and sprinkles or green pancakes. Click here for a pancake recipe.
7. Make shamrock-shaped plates, wreaths and hats. Click here for 35 ideas.
8. Watch a St. Patrick’s Day movie. Click here for a list.
9. Listen to Irish poetry. Visit the Ireland Poetry Centre on YouTube.
10. Listen to Irish music.
11. Learn how to speak with an Irish accent. Make a Snapchat video using the St. Patrick's Day filter to share with your friends and family.
12. Set up a St. Patrick’s Day photo booth. Click here for printable photo props. Share photos with your friends and family via social media to cheer them while they are also inside on St. Patrick's Day.
13. Learn about Irish history. Click here for 9 free and easy ways to learn. Encourage each other to find the least known fact about Ireland and its people.