Here is the latest restaurant news in the Las Vegas valley:
1. Bazaar Meat by Jose Andres at SLS Las Vegas is hosting a Pinot and Priorat Wine Dinner on Nov. 17. The special guest will be Emmanuel Kemiji, owner of Miura Vineyards and managing director of Clos Pissarra. Menu highlights include Josper-roasted King Crab Legs (2014 Clos Pissara, El Sol Blanc), Grissini of Bill Niman Cured Steer (2012 Miura, Williams Ranch), Callos Madrilenos (2009 Clos d'oc), Rossjat (2010 Arrels, Clos Oblidat), and "Vaca Vieja" Beef Rib Eye (2010 Clos Pissara, El Ramon). Kemiji will be joined by Lead Sommelier Chloe Hefland. $165 per person. 702.761.7610.
2. Evel Pie is now open on East Fremont Street in Downtown Las Vegas. The one-of-a-kind pizzeria was founded by hospitality group High Horse and operated in cooperation with Evel Knievel's son Kelly. The restaurant's decor pays homage to the legendary motorcycle daredevil. Authentic New York-style pizza by the slice and whole baked pies. Specialty pizzas include the Balls to the Wall pizza with homemade meatballs, Sunday gravy, mushrooms and onions. The Evel Pie's Goblin Sausage is made with spicy pepperoni, chorizo, Italian sausage and bacon.
3. Sushi Roku in The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace is celebrating 12 years this month with a special cocktail and sushi roll. They are also offering 50 percent off all food items for locals during dinner on Nov. 15 and 16. The HiraKani Roll features king crab, snow crab, hirame, cucumber, jalapeno, shiso leaf, fish roe and Tadesu vinaigrette. The Yukai cocktail is made with Patrol Silver, cucumber, shiso and sweet and sour.
4. Other Mama's Chef Daniel Krohmer has introduced a new chef's tasting experience at Other Mama. The seven-course meal will be available Friday and Saturday evenings in limited numbers. The menu will change monthly and many of the menu selections feature ingredients Chef Krohmer has discovered in his travels to Japan and elsewhere, and given his own creative spin. Cost is $75 per person plus tax and gratuity, with beverages additional. Reservations must be made in advance by calling to secure a seat at 702.463.8382.
5. Jason's Deli is celebrating its 40th anniversary through Nov. 30 at participating locations. Celebrations include a 24-ounce Limited Edition Celebration Cup for $3.99 (99-cent refills) and a text-to-win daily sweepstakes for instant prizes. Customer appreciation day on Nov. 30 will feature menu items from 1976 at their original prices with the purchase of an adult entree. The 1976 menu items include one of eight “European-style” sandwiches served with chips or baked chips. Prices range from $1.35 for a cheese sandwich to $1.95 for a Rueben sandwich.
6. Big Mess Bar-BQ is now smoking at Sam's Town. The barbecue restaurant features classic American fare with meats smoked in-house. Meat selections include Texas-style dry-rubbed, smoked beef brisket; Bar-BQ-roasted chicken; Carolina pulled pork shoulder; Bar-BQ-smoked pork spare ribs; and smoked and grilled sausage. Platters are served with cornbread and two sides. The hand-crafted side dishes include potato salad, sweet potato and classic French fries, mac and cheese, collard greens, hushpuppies and many more barbecue favorites. Appetizers and dessert selections reflect the classic American dining experience, with options like fried green tomatoes, deviled eggs, and three selections of pie: pecan, apple and sweet potato.
7. Triple George Grill has freshened up its Fall menu by adding 15 items and introducing glegan (gluten-free vegan) dishes. New items include coconut shrimp, a chicken sandwich with brie cheese, fish tacos, burrata salad with heirloom tomatoes and sliced watermelon, short rib ravioli, a seafood platter, a Southwest burger made with a soy patty, a chicken stir pry, and cauliflower rice. New desserts include the 3rd Street Sunday and boozy ice cream sampler.
8. Lagasse's Stadium at The Venetian has also updated its Fall menu. New items include Emeril’s Buttermilk Fried Chicken featuring a jalapeno cornbread waffle with vanilla honey butter and Crystal Hot Sauce syrup; Truffle Shrimp & Crab Pasta made with sautéed shrimp, lump crab meat with linguine tossed with truffle herb butter; Lobster Grilled Cheese with sautéed lobster on Texas toast with fontina and Boursin cheese, to name a few.
9. Distill and Remedy's Tavern have added new menu items to their Fall/Winter menus. They include meatballs, turkey stuffing bites, Buffalo cauliflower, stuffed turkey burgers, BBQ brisket grilled cheese sandwiches, short rib tacos, BBQ brisket salad, chicken pot pie, Dirty Martini ribeye, fried chicken with a biscuit and more.
10. Wienerschnitzel is offering its fan-favorite mini corn dogs for only 25 cents each through the end of year. Wienerschnitzel has also introduced two new dipping sauces to go with the mini corn dogs: Blazin' Ranch and Wienerschnitzels secret-recipe chili. Available at participating locations.
11. Cabo inside Boulder Station is now featuring a mariscos menu every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Menu items include oysters on the half shell served with diced cucumber, onion, tomato and cilantro ($10.99 for half dozen, $19.99 for full); homemade shrimp empanadas ($11.99 for half, $20.99 for dozen); whole, fired red snapper served with Mexican rice and citrus coleslaw ($23.99); and shrimp sauteed in garlic butter and salsa and served with Mexican rice and refried beans ($16.99).
12. HEXX Chocolate + Confexxions at Paris Las Vegas is offering a new chocolate kitchen tour and tasting titled Behind the Bar with HEXX Chocolate. The Behind the Bar experience offers exclusive content curated by head chocolate makers Matthew Silverman and Matthew Piekarski. The tour ends with a deluxe chocolate tasting, where guests can sample and discuss all of HEXX's flavor varietals. The tastings also feature HEXX's signature molten chocolate (hot chocolate and dark chocolate ice cream). Cost is $20 per person. Tours begin every half hour.
13. Pancho's Mexican Restaurant in Downtown Summerlin has debuted a new cocktail menu. New cocktail selections include Pancho’s red sangria, a classic mix of Burgundy wine, Peach Schnapps, pineapple juice and orange juice, topped with triple sec, priced at $8.75; the Manhattan Sunset, an ode to the original Pancho’s in Manhattan Beach, made with Malibu Coconut Rum, Melon Liquor and grenadine, topped with pineapple juice, priced at $9.75; the Shark Attack, made with Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Malibu Coconut Rum, Blue Curaçao and pineapple juice, priced at $10.25; Pancho’s Royal Flush, mixed with Crown Royal, Peach Schnapps, Chambord and cranberry juice, priced at $10.75; Pancho’s Limonada, a refreshing blend of Absolut Citron Vodka, Amaretto and sweet and sour, priced at $10.25; the Azul Piña Colada, a rich blend of Malibu Coconut Rum and light rum, Blue Curaçao, pineapple juice, coconut juice and a splash of grenadine, priced at $10.75; the Smokey Peach, made with El Silencio Mezcal Espadin, peach puree, fresh jalapeño and sweet and sour, priced at $10.75; and the Imposter, a margarita in disguise made with Azzurre Vodka shaken with triple sec, homemade sweet and sour and Agave nectar, priced at $9.75.
if you would like to submit an item for 13 Things, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.