Here's the latest roundup of restaurant news from around the Las Vegas valley.
1. It's National Meatball Day on March 9 and several restaurants are celebrating the unofficial holiday. TREVI Italian Restaurant's classic spaghetti and meatballs features two jumbo-sized meatballs and their Pappardelle Bolognese is also topped with a jumbo meatball. Carmine's authentic Southern Italian meatballs are made with ground beef, veal, Italian seasonings, Romano cheese and garlic ($19.95). The one-pound meatballs at LAVO Italian Restaurant are made with fresh ground Imperial wagyu, Italian sausage, veal, fresh herbs and imported cheese ($23-$25).
2. Blaze Pizza is celebrating Pi Day on March 14 with $3.14 pizzas all day and at all locations. The company’s Pi Day event will also include special “behind-the-scenes” coverage on Facebook Live and Snapchat, with guests tuning in to watch the celebration live and for the opportunity to win free pizza. A special Snapchat filter will also let guests share the Pi Day love with their followers that day. Blaze Pizza serves artisanal pizzas that are both fast and affordable.
3. Bobby's Burger Palace has added a veggie burger to its menu. After months of testing, Chef Bobby Flay has created a veggie burger he believes measures up to his traditional beef burgers. It is made with BBQ wild mushrooms, chickpeas and quinoa and is topped with smoked American cheese, green onion slaw and mustard BBQ sauce.
4. New menu items at Lobster ME include lobster knuckle sandwiches with brie, gruyere, chives, and bechamel; Cajun shrimp roll with cajun aioli, green onion, and cajun seasoning; Old Bay crab roll with Old Bay mayo and seasoning, shallots, and chives; and shrimp, seafood, or chicken and chip dishes served with two of Lobster ME's signature sauces including spicy ketchup, tartar, curry mango, and mustard.
5. Andiron Steak & Sea is hosting an intimate dinner featuring BoBo Chicken from New York's Bella Poultry Family Farm on March 14. BoBo chickens are humanely-raised, all-natural heritage chickens distributed only fresh in traditional Buddhist style. Executive Chef Robert Camacho uses the BoBo Chicken in a variety of ways including whole-roasted, fried and confit. Dishes include fried chicken bao bun, whole roasted BoBo chicken, crispy cauliflower, gnocchi, ginger meringue. Cost is $59 per person non-inclusive.
6. d.vino Italian Food & Wine Bar at the Monte Carlo is welcoming Spring with the return of its annual Artichoke Festival from March 14 through April 14. Special menu items include artichoke and spinach fondue ($10); artichoke and bacon arancini ($11); artichoke salad ($12); artichoke pizza ($13); grilled artichoke ($14); artichoke ravioli ($14); artichoke farfalle pasta ($19); and artichoke and pan-seared striped bass ($23).
7. Flour & Barley at The LINQ will celebrate St. Patrick's Day with the "Luck of the Irish" pizza. Available from March 17-19 and priced at $17.50, the pie will be topped with pesto cream sauce, corned beef, Brussels sprouts, sausage, and potato. Click here for more St. Patrick's Day food specials and events.
8. The much-anticipated quarterly tequila dinner returns to Cantina Laredo on March 18. The evening will begin with cocktails at 7 p.m. followed by dinner by Executive Chef Damon Workman and his team. Each course of the four-course meal will be paired with a unique cocktail, created with the dish's flavor profile in mind. A representative from Don Pilar, the artisan craft tequila, will provide guests with a brief history of the artisan craft tequila. Cost is $59.99 per person. Space is limited. Call 702-202-4511 to RSVP.
9. Chef Emeril Lagasse has announced a Las Vegas dining series that will feature his four local restaurants and their respective chefs de cuisine. The first one will happen March 31 at Emeril's New Orleans Fish House. The other three are scheduled for June 23 (Lagasse's Stadium), Sept. 8 (Delmonico Steakhouse) and Dec. 8 (Table 10). The inaugural dinner will start with a cocktail reception at 6:30 p.m. Dinner highlights include chilled white aspargus bisque with Alaskan king crab, roasted wild striped bass, rabbit "porchetta," grilled Colorado lamb chops and a spring fruit extravaganza for dessert. Tickets are $90 inclusive per person and $150 with Huneeus wine pairings.
10. Hearthstone Kitchen & Cellar has added several new items to their menu for Spring and Summer. New items include succulent pork chops made with apple mustard butter and pork jus, wood-roasted octopus dish with saba glaze, and a diverse assortment of fresh sandwiches such as the New England Lobster Roll and a delectable Adult Grilled Cheese with truffle gouda.
11. Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers has brought back two seasonal favorites -- fish sandwich or fish & chips basket. and the Mint 'n Oreo Concrete. The fish sandwich features 2 filets of fish topped with melter American cheese and Freddy's signature sauce. Order a la carte or with crispy shoestring fries. The Mint 'n Oreao Concrete blends vanilla frozen custard with cool mint and crunchy Oreo cookies.
12. SUSHISAMBA has introduced the largest Japanese Whisky list in Las Vegas and one of largest in America. They are also offering a special curated menu featuring Japanese Whisky. The menu includes crispy tempura sweet oysters, smoked ocean trout roe, robata grilled hamachi kama, whisky-soy marinated robata pork ribs, A5 wagyu roll, braised beef cheeks, and dark roasted coffee custard.
13. Sake Rok's Godzilla Platter features five specialty rolls and an eight-piece chef selection of sashimi/nigiri or a chef-selection 40-piece sashimi platter. Every time the smoke-breathing Godzilla Platter is served, a big shriek is played over the speakers and the servers hoist it up over their shoulders, bringing it to the table (similar to a nightclub/bottle service environment).
If you would like to submit an item for a future roundup, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.