Veterinarians in Levittown, Pennsylvania, were forced to remove two plastic squeaky toys from a puppy’s stomach after he swallowed them whole.
Jasper, a 6-month-old Cane Corso, was having difficulty keeping food down when he was taken to Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Center for evaluation.
X-rays showed that two balls were lodged into Jasper’s stomach and taking up most of the space.
Doctors, however, were pretty casual about the bizarre incident. Dr. Scott Joudrey surgically removed the red-and-green balls on Saturday, stating simply, "dogs eat crazy things."
We can only hope that Jasper has learned from the experienced and will change his toy-eating habits.