A new Facebook study has uncovered some fascinating differences between dog and cat owners.
Facebook took a look at 160,000 pet owners in the United States who posted a photo of their beloved pets.
There are some of the differences they uncovered:
- Cat people are more likely to be single (30% vs. 24%)
- Cat people are more likely to have fewer friends, but are invited to more events
- Cat people are more fond of indoor activities (reading, watching TV)
- Cat people watch TV shows like "Doctor Who," "Star Trek" and "The Amazing World of Gumball"
- Cat people movies include "A Clockwork Orange," "The Emperor's New Groove" and "Terminator 2"
- Cat people are more expressive on Facebook than dog lovers. They talk about being tired, amused and annoyed on Facebook.
- Dog lovers have an average of 26 more friends than cat lovers
- Dog lovers tend to do more stuff outdoors
- Dog lovers more likely to live in rural areas
- Dog lovers watch "The Voice," "Grey's Anatomy" and "Duck Dynasty"
- Dog lovers prefer movies like "The Hangover," "Pretty Woman," "Fifty Shades of Grey" and "Step Up"
- Dog lovers are more likely to express excitement or pride on Facebook than cat people
If you want to read more about the results, click here.