Now Trending

Actions

Milwaukee man loses limbs after contact with dog saliva

Posted: 7:32 AM, Jul 29, 2019
Updated: 2019-07-29 10:32:11-04

A very rare blood infection caused by bacteria found in dog's saliva has cost a man his arms and legs and part of his face.

It happened to Milwaukee resident Greg Manteufel. He initially thought he had a bad case of the flu. The infection resulted in doctors having to amputate parts of his nose and limbs, including both hands and feet.

READ FULL STORY

The bacteria is found in 75 percent of dogs. The bacteria does not harm dogs but it can be deadly to humans.

However, you are more likely to win the lottery 5 times in one day than to get the blood infection.