Would you like to receive local news notifications on your desktop?
King Kong catches fire at Vietnam premiere
Posted at 1:00 PM, Mar 12, 2017
and last updated 2017-03-12 16:00:11-04
A giant model of King Kong caught fire during the Vietnam premiere of "Kong: Skull Island."
Embers from a nearby volcano simulation sparked the fire.
Firefighters quickly put out the blaze, and no one was hurt.
Guests were able to go inside and watch the movie without incident.
Copyright 2016 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.