Local News


Woman taken to hospital for smoke inhalation

Posted at 6:03 AM, Dec 03, 2015
and last updated 2015-12-03 09:03:05-05

A woman was taken to the hospital overnight for smoke inhalation.

According to the fire department, it happened after a fire was lit in the home's fireplace and the residents forgot to open the flue.

It happened near Torrey Pines and Alta Drive.

The home was not substantially damaged. Fire officials say it is a reminder though to make sure to open the flue before using a fireplace for the first time during the winter season.