Family members say two boys were severely burned in a bonfire accident in Pahrump this weekend.
"Your little boy is laying there suffering and there is nothing you can do about it," said Trenton Otteson.
Otteson's son Chase and friend Nathaniel Bautista-Cleveland have burns all over their bodies. The road ahead for both boys will be long and difficult.
The incident happened as the boys were trying to make a bonfire. Otteson says the ground was wet so one of his sons went to pour some gasoline. That's when the nozzle accidentally fell off and the flames exploded.
"They got on the ground and rolled," said Otteson.
The father believes that action quite possibly saved the lives of both children.
He is speaking out now to warn the community and also thank them for all of the support.
"It's definitely a good feeling to know there's a community out there and everybody stands together," he said.
Chase's family shared the following GoFundMe page to cover his medical expenses. Nathaniel's family has also created a GoFundMe to assist in the child's recovery.