Three Las Vegas Fire and Rescue firefighters are recovering after being hurt in a house fire Sunday, in the northwest part of the valley.
It happened near Durango and Alexander. Officials say a barbecue grill was left unattended, and then exploded. The fire spread to the house. Firefighters were working to put the flames out when the roof collapsed, injuring three of them.
According to Tim Szymanski with Las Vegas Fire and Rescue, one firefighter hurt his hand, another broke his tooth, and a third firefighter was knocked to the ground. He hurt his back, and possibly his head, and was taken to the hospital.
Szymanski tells 13 Action News all three firefighters are going to be ok.