Story contributed by Teachers Health Trust. Learn more on teachershealthtrust.org.
Teachers Health Trust (THT) is launching Open Access, a special enrollment from March 24 - April 30 for any member or teacher who has been impacted by COVID-19 and suffering from healthcare hardship.
To provide access to care due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the plan is offering this special option to help existing members who may need health coverage for family members due to a spouse’s job loss, as well as for teachers who had previously waived Teachers Health Trust as their primary coverage during last Fall’s Open Enrollment period.
The up-leveled plan is adding new options due to the pandemic’s altering of daily lives. This includes a suite of health benefits conceived and launched in the last five days to help members during this ever-changing time; TelehealthNow - a brand new online program featuring established Clark County primary care physicians who stepped up to the plate to provide a real-time virtual care to all members.
This initiative will provide local health care expertise from the safety of the member’s home, as well as, through on-demand virtual doctor office visits, with $0/copay, Alto Pharmacy - THT’s modern pharmacy partner, shifting their always-free same-day delivery to now do “safe place” delivery where the courier will leave a member’s Rx secured in front of their home. The health benefits also include their new in-house Mental-Behavioral Health network with a dedicated phone number to find an aligned therapist (many also offering virtual sessions), a navigated concierge-style member service center, a second opinion resource option, medical decision support, and much more - all with the clear intention of improving access, offering more convenience, improve quality of care and redefine cost-savings.
STAY UP TO DATE: Continuing coverage of the coronavirus pandemic
Teachers Health Trust allows its members to maximize their health care with very low out-of-pocket costs; effectively, the organization receives the lowest member and employer contribution of any public sector company and yet, delivers the highest level of benefits at lower out of pocket costs of any health plan in Clark County. The health plan is designed to provide each member with the ability to get the care they need, when they need it, without worrying about cost. These financial benefits include a $0/premium, waived copays, coinsurance, deductibles for any COVID-19 related testing and treatment as well as, low or zero-dollar co-pays for Tier 1 health care providers.
The health plan strongly encourages its members and its dependents to utilize the established suite of benefits by their expert health partners to improve quality of care and provide peace of mind as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve. These FREE services include:
- Coverage of all COVID-19 related testing and treatment copays and coinsurance while waiving deductibles
- TelehealthNow, brand new virtual health visit services with established Clark County physicians our 1st group is IPA Health Network
- Alto Pharmacy Always-free same-day delivery to a “safe-place” in your home
- Dedicated mental-behavioral phone number (702-780-0738) to our health navigators for any member seeking mental-behavioral health care to alleviate concerns or fears associated with COVID-19
- THT-member exclusive extended evening & weekend hours to speak to a Tier 1 network provider with the Las Vegas Medical Group
- Teachers Health Trust real-time communication through our website (teachershealthtrust.org) at the hub