A Coronado High School student lit a paper sign on fire in the hallway Thursday afternoon.
According to the Clark County School District, the incident was reported around 2:10 p.m. when the student lit the Student Council sign that was taped to the wall above the lockers in a hallway.
Although school was being dismissed at the time, CCSD reported that school staff dialed 911, pulled the fire alarms to expedite the students/staff leaving campus and were able to put the fire out.
The Henderson fire and police departments responded to the call, and ensured the scene was safe before letting staff and students back on campus by 2:40 p.m.
CCSD is investigating who started the fire.