Residents of a Las Vegas apartment complex are concerned about a major scorpion problem.
People living at Sunset Pointe Apartments on Eastern Avenue and Sunset Road said they've been seeing the creepy critters in their homes since late last year.
"My face was burning here, and my finger, so I jumped out of the bed!" said Barbara Betts, who was stung by a scorpion while sleeping.
Betts invested in a black light to find the scorpions and poison to kill them. Several of her neighbors told 13 Action News they are doing the same.
The apartment management is also spraying the complex weekly to take care of the problem. A leasing agent told 13 Action News residents can call the office to request pest control services.
We also reached out to a scorpion removal specialist. Mike Fischer of Fischer's Pest Control said sometimes standard chemical treatments aren't enough to keep scorpions away, but it all depends on just how many of them are invading any given area.
If you are stung by a scorpion, the Mayo Clinic suggests to see a doctor if you are healthy adult who has a severe reaction. Children and the elderly should always see a doctor immediately if stung.