LATEST UPDATE: The Clark County coroner has ruled Taneshia Smith's death a suicide. The coroner says that the death was caused by alprazolam (Xanax), quetiapine (Seroquel) and sertraline (Zoloft) intoxication. Another significant condition contributing to the cause of death was carbon monoxide intoxication.
SECOND UPDATE: The Clark County Fire Department released a brief statement Tuesday on Taneshia Smith's death.
"The Clark County Fire Department is deeply saddened by the passing of Taneshia Smith. Like all of the community, our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends as they endure this difficult and trying time."
CCFD said they're unable to provide further comments as the incident remains under investigation by fire investigators, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and the Clark County coroner.
UPDATE: Family wants answers as to why firefighters didn't search an entire apartment after a woman died in a fire Sunday.
According to Teresa Price, her daughter Taneshia Smith, was found in a bath tub after her apartment caught fire.
"I'm saying that my daughter would have been able to be saved if they would have went in that bath and seen her," Price said.
Price told 13 Action News that Clark County fire crews went to the apartment, extinguished the flames and then left after searching the kitchen.
Clark County Fire Investigators said they did search the fire area, but had not found anyone. Eventually a maintenance worker was let into the apartment to fix a water leak and found Smith lying in the tub.
LAS VEGAS (KTNV) -- One person died in an apartment fire on the east side of the valley Sunday morning.
Teresa Price says the victim is her daughter, Taneshia Smith, 28.
Price says Smith had four children. She doesn't believe her daughter's death was an accident.
"Somebody did this," said Price. "I'm thinking there's foul play somewhere for what they said and how they found her and I would really like some answers."
Price says her daughter was found in an empty bathtub with her clothes on.
Around 8:45 a.m., the Clark County Fire Department responded to the 4400 block of Karen Avenue, east of Lamb Boulevard.
The department sent 4 engines, 1 truck, 1 rescue, and 2 battalion chiefs to the blaze. Upon arrival, personnel reported smoke from the eves of a second story of a multi-family apartment complex. Crews made an offensive fire attack, experiencing zero visibility on the fire floor and high temperatures. They located the fire in the upstairs kitchen.
Clark County Fire said one person died after being transported to Sunrise Hospital in critical condition.
Mickey Zepeda and his wife were making coffee when they heard a boom.
"All of a sudden she heard an explosion or something upstairs so she went outside and checked and there was smoke on top of the building," he said.
Zepeda said they're "deeply saddened that this happened to her."
.@KTNV neighbors saying it's a young mother who died. Leaves behind 4 or 5 kids
— David Schuman (@david_schuman) March 13, 2016
UPDATE: Victim in Karen Ave fire was Taneshia Smith. Mom says she was found clothed in empty tub. Suspects foul play pic.twitter.com/uzQLrVlqul
— David Schuman (@david_schuman) March 14, 2016
The fire is under investigation and the cost for damages have not been estimated. The Clark County Fire Department, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and Clark County coroner are all investigating.
Red Cross was requested for 1 adult and 5 children displaced from an adjacent apartment as a result of water damage from the incident. No other injuries were reported.
A memorial now sits outside of the apartment where Mother of 5, Teneshia Smith, died in a fire yesterday @KTNV pic.twitter.com/Y5PRUucsEY
— Lesley Marin (@lesleymarin) March 14, 2016