NORTH LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — On Dec. 14 and 19, officers of the North Las Vegas Police Department completed a pedestrian safety campaign in the City of North Las Vegas.
In these events, a decoy officer was used to cross major streets using marked intersections within the City of North Las Vegas.
Officers say they were enforcing pedestrian laws and laws used to protect the safety of pedestrians.
Officers made a total of 168 stops in total.
The following is a break down of the arrests and citations that were made:
- 1 Arrest
- 39 Speeding violations
- 30 Fail to use due care violations
- 26 Driver fail to yield right of way
- 13 Jaywalking violations
- 8 Fail to obey traffic signal violations
- 7 Vehicle pass a vehicle stopped for pedestrian violations
- 6 Distracted driving violations
- 4 Fail to use sidewalk violations
- 1 Pedestrian fail to yield right of way violation
- 1 Reckless driving violation
- 89 "other" violations
A total of 202 citations were issued.
The department says the goal of these enforcement campaigns is to save lives by increasing public awareness about the dangers of making poor choices while driving and being a pedestrian.