CARSON CITY (KTNV) — The Nevada Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation the EmployNV website is getting an upgrade.
Following regular system updates on Saturday morning, DETR says the site will debut an updated look and will provide improved functionality for all site users.
13 INVESTIGATES: A recap of DETR and unemployment in 2020
Some of the features getting an upgrade include an enhanced view for job order search results and job details, a new view for candidate search results, and a new résumé preview page.
Additionally, DETR says individuals will see new templates for quickly entering saved text in text fields and routine activity data for program enrollments.
Other changes include:
- A refreshed homepage and updated headers and footer bars on all site pages.
- Left Navigation Menu: menu redesign allows users to hide menus after selection, and additional search options.
- Dashboard Redesign: dashboard redesign includes flexible, collapsible dashboard sections and a section for “Pinned Links” allowing users to pin some LMI links directly to their dashboard.
- Accessibility Link: a link available in the top bar shows users an Accessibility Tools pop-up box, allowing users to change accessibility settings throughout the application (e.g., font size, contrast colors) while remaining on the current page, and see the settings applied to that page. Preferred setting can now be saved and applied to all pages.
- Saved Text Templates: users can save text entries as templates to use in text entry boxes throughout the pages in the system.
Job seekers and individuals filing claims using EmployNV.gov will have numerous additional capabilities including:
- New Intelligent Job Search: the Quick Search tool at the top right of the home page includes options to search based on unique search terms matching to an individual’s experience and preferences (e.g., for the keyword “server,” searching for wait staff vs. server for IT-related jobs).
- Adding an Image or Website Links to Personal Profile or Résumé: individuals can add an image to their personal profile (seen by staff) and a separate image to their résumés (to be seen by employers/recruiters).
- Enhanced Job Search Results List: after conducting a job search, the results include a new “Job Card” presentation and icons, new filters to quickly narrow search results, along with other improvements.
- Enhanced Résumé Preview: a redesigned display provides a preview of basic information at the top; allows users to add an image or website address to their résumé; highlights low résumé scores with links for how to improve them; and improves visibility of links at the bottom of the résumé, as well as displaying potential matching jobs immediately.
- Redesigned Job Details Page – How to Apply, Like this Job, and More Like This buttons stay at the top of scrolling job details; redesigned and expanded job details pages with a new look and feel and added detail areas, including an enhanced career ladder and Labor Market Information data and chart options.
Filers are encouraged to visit the site after 6 a.m. Saturday morning.