Local NewsNational


Spectrum contractor in N.Y. electrocuted on the job

Posted at 9:09 AM, Jul 12, 2018

A contractor for Spectrum Cable has died after being electrocuted Wednesday afternoon in Yorkshire, N.Y., according to New York State Police.

National Grid tells us 39-year-old James Fogg, of Maine, came in contact with a primary electric line. He has been identified by NYSP.

The incident happened around 4:30 p.m.

Investigators determined Fogg was in the area working for S.G. Communications, running cable television lines. He was in the basket of a bucket truck when he came into contact with a primary electric line, causing him to be exposed to high voltage.

Fogg was taken to the Bertrand Chaffee Hospital, where he later died as result of his injuries.