The lights went out at the Westgate hotel-casino overnight.
It happened around midnight. All of the lights went out and people were left sitting at slot machines in the dark.
The emergency lights came on soon after and then the fire alarms began going off.
According to the Clark County Fire Department, smoke was reported near the employee dining area on the second floor.
When crews arrived, they found no evidence of a fire and determined the smoke was caused by electrical issues.
No evacuations were necessary and no injuries were reported.
The Westgate has released the following statement:
“At approximately 1:30 AM this morning, an alarm was activated at the Westgate causing a partial evacuation of the resort. The cause of the alarm was determined to be associated with the restoration of power which was briefly lost in a portion of the resort earlier in the morning and at no time were any of our guests or employees in danger. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused any of our valued guests.”