LAS VEGAS (KTNV) — Although local fire departments responded to multiple fire calls on the Fourth of July, there were no significant fires reported.
Las Vegas Fire & Rescue said at midnight that they received 427 calls for service in the previous 24 hours. 118 of those calls were fire calls.
FIREWORKS UPDATE FOR 4th of JULY: @LasVegasFD had 427 calls for service in the 24 hour period of July 4 compared to 438 in 2020. Fire calls were 118 compared to 146 in 2020. 1 minor injury, 1 house fire in garage-undetermined. This is for @CityOfLasVegas proper (green area). pic.twitter.com/1gfkNVr7Pn— Las Vegas FireRescue (@LasVegasFD) July 5, 2021
In 2020, they received 438 service calls and responded to 146 fire calls.
LVFR reported one minor injury and says the cause of that fire, which was in a garage, is unknown at this time. That fire happened at about 10:15 p.m at 8344 Pendragon Circle, which is near Durango and Alta drives.
LVFR breakdown: Total in 2021 - the type of call - (total in 2020)
- 427 - total number of responses for shift (438) - the average is 263 responses per shift.
- 557 - total number of LVFR units that responded (568)
- 118 - total all types of fire responses (146)
- 292 - total emergency medical responses (284)
- 77 - total number of ems transports (77) - the average is 70 transports per shift
- 9 – total of all public assist calls (6)
3 – total of technical rescue responses (1)
- 3 - total of hazardous materials responses (1)
- 0 - total of bomb squad responses (0)
- 0 - total of all other responses (0)
- 1,452 - total number of incidents handled by fire alarm office for the day: (1,504)
Clark County Fire Department says they responded to approximately 200 calls for outside fires and building fires between 10 a.m. July 4 and July 5.
At this time, we do not have information on fires in North Las Vegas or Henderson.