Local News

Actions

Kitchen catches fire after resident falls asleep

Posted at 6:26 AM, Mar 14, 2016

Las Vegas and Clark County firefighters responded to a kitchen fire shortly before 3 p.m. Sunday at the Corona del Sol apartments on East Charleston Boulevard.

Firefighters say that heavy smoke was visible upon arrival. They were able to get the fire under control within 10 minutes.

The fire gutted the kitchen and caused heat and smoke damage to the rest of the unit. Damage is estimated at $25,000.

The resident of the apartment apparently fell asleep while cooking. The man was able to escape, but suffered minor smoke inhalation.